Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Birthday Indulgences

So who cheated in the past week? I'm talking about fattening foods, excessive eating, mindless eating, barely a vegetable in sight. It's okay - millions of people ate abnormally while watching the Super Bowl. I know I did, but for me, it was different - it was my birthday - and I barely watched the game (though I did catch the last 2 minutes and overtime - and you know how exciting that was!).

I started my birthday celebration on Friday with a fairly sensible meal followed by a piece of French Silk pie - a good 500-600 calories per slice, serious pie! I also had 2 glasses of wine. I went to bed full but not stuffed. The problem became apparent on Saturday when I had another slice of birthday pie as my afternoon snack. We had dinner at a friend's house and they made a baked Alaska out of brownie cupcakes, ice cream, and torched marshmallow fluff. It was delicious but very filling. I had overdone it.

By the time my actual birthday came on Sunday, I was still committed to celebrating with food. I had another slice of birthday pie after lunch, a truffle from a local chocolate shop as a mid-afternoon treat, because, hey, it's my birthday and I was out enjoying some much needed retail therapy. But I didn't stop there, I had to indulge in dessert after dinner at a wonderful restaurant, and while I didn't like the chocolate cake I ordered, I switched with my husband because his chocolate pudding s'mores concoction was hitting the spot. Even though I was full, and it was a large portion, I got it in my head that I needed to finish it. I'm not proud of my choices, but I'm being honest.

If I hide my poor choices, I can't be held accountable. I can't make changes in my life and my health, if I'm not honest.

So here I am, being honest. I will spare you the video of me working out this morning. I had fun and sweat like crazy doing the first CIZE video - crazy eights. I always thought I was a good dancer, not on a professional level, but I can hold my own on any dance floor. Then I saw myself and had a good laugh at my arms flailing all over the place. My husband had a good laugh too. I realized I'm not crazy enough to post the videos yet, and I do owe some people an apology for making fun of them doing the same video. Trust me, they looked a lot better than I did doing the dance moves!

So after several days of special treats, and feeling bloated from extra salt and whatever else I don't normally eat, I'm finally beginning to feel normal again. I need to get my chocolate habit back in check (I went without chocolate during the entire month of January - and that's a big thing for me!). I enjoy eating meals that follow the 21 Day Fix containers. But most of all, I enjoy watching my body transform. When I follow the meal plan, have my daily Shakeology, drink a ton of water, and exercise every morning, I see the results within weeks. I like how that makes me feel.

I am a work in progress, and while there have been a lot of challenges over the past years that haven't always brought out my best sides (a post for another time), I am learning, and growing, and I'm committed to making better choices, At the end of the day, my family and all of our health are the most important things to me. That's why I became an Independent Team Beachbody Coach. Health and family are important to me because when I make time for family and health, I see a positive difference in our lives. I want to bring that difference to other people. If I can help others find that balance, and achieve their goals, I will know that I'm doing my part to make the world a better place. I hope you can hear my sincerity and desire to help others. So leave a comment below, or send me an email and share what you want to accomplish. I give you my word that I will be there for you, through this journey, to improve your health and your family life. We will celebrate (without cheat foods) our achievements and be amazed at what we can do when we put our minds to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment